The Namibia Investment Summit 2020 is the country's premiere annual Investment Summit focusing on the Namibian market and targeted towards Investors, Pension Fund Trustees, Finance Professionals, Asset Managers and any other person interested in untapping and leveraging opportunities in Namibia.
It is a collaborative event by key players in the local financial sector delivering cutting edge views and research by Namibian and regional experts.
Director of Ceremonies: Ms. Rouxche Locke
Introduction of the Third Investment Summit 2020: Mr. Johannes !Gawaxab - Executive Chairman Eljota Investment Managers
Global and Local Economic Output 2020
Following its weakest performance since the global financial crisis, the world economy is poised for a modest rebound this year, but the outlook remains fragile. Growth in developing economies is set to accelerate in 2020 as some emerging economies recover from periods of stress. The local economy is expected to return to positive growth and is projected to grow between 0.5% and 0.9% in 2020.
- Daniel Kavishe - Senior Economist Firstrand Group (Global and Regional Outlook)
- Naufiku Hamunime - Economist Standard Bank Namibia (Namibian Outlook)
Outlook for Bonds and Equity Markets
Listed investment instruments delivered resilient performance in 2019 despite challenging economic conditions headwinds. The JSE All share Index was up 12% for the year whilst interest bearing assets posted returns of between 7% and 9%. Should we invest in capital markets in 2020? A great opportunity to see Namibia’s best Investment Managers review 2019 and preview what they are buying now and where they see the best opportunities in local and international capital markets.
- Malcolm Husselmann - Portfolio Manager Investec Namibia
- Anthea Angermund - Portfolio Manager Prudential
- Floris Bergh - Chief Economist Capricorn Namibia
- TBC - Portfolio Manager Old Mutual
- TBC - Portfolio Manager Sanlam
MODERATOR: James Mnyupe - CEO Allan Gray Namibia
Compliance with the April 2019 Domestic Assets Requirements
Namibia has introduced new domestic asset requirements in April 2019 and also announced an increase in the maximum thresholds for unlisted managers subject to the achievement of certain performance criteria. What are the trends, Challenges and opportunities? An update followed by Q & A.
- Absalom Kapenda - Acting GM Capital Markets Namfisa
Role of banking sector in financing the economy
How do Namibian banks view the current economic challenge and how can banks finance Namibia out of the current economic slump? Banks are regarded as the transmission belt in most economies. How is the current state of the economy affecting banking? The leaders of the main banks share their views in this regard.
- Vetu Mungunda - MD Standard Bank Namibia
- Erwin Tjipuka - MD FirstRand Group Namibia
- Baronice Hans - MD Bank Windhoek
- Ester Kali - MD Letshego Bank Namibia
MODERATOR: Ekkehard Friedrich - Partner Investments Eos Capital
The current state of responsible investing in namibia
A 15-minute presentation followed by a panel discussion. Experts discussing the latest issues and trends regarding sustainable and responsible investment addressing environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors. What is the ESG investing landscape in Namibia, how do we compare and what are the benefits of following a responsible investment approach? Where does one start?
- Adrian Bertrand - CEO Sixcapitals
- Edwin Tjiramba - GM Marketing GIPF
- Nicole Martens - Head of Africa & Middle East UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- Nicole Maske - Partner Value Add Eos Capital
MODERATOR: Jason Kasuto - CEO Monasa Advisory & Associates
Very few Namibians can afford to retire at 60 or at 65. As you get older saving for your retirement becomes tougher. In this panel discussion, we speak to experts about strategies that will help close to 500,000 Namibians provide for their retirement. You don’t have to always rely on your children or government in your old age.
- Martinus Fabianus - CEO Retirement Fund Solution
- Hein Klee - CEO NMG Namibia
- TBC - Social Security Commission
- Manfred Zamue - CEO Multi-Wealth Solutions
MODERATOR: Gert Grobler - Liberty Life Namibia
The role of social protection and security in Namibia
Namibia is one of the few countries on the continent with a social protection net. What is social protection and social security and when can we expect the introduction of the National Pension Fund and the National Medical Aid Fund which are both provided for in the Social Security Commission Act of 1994?
- Milka Mungunda - CEO Social Security Commission
CLOSING BY DIRECTOR OF CEREMONIES
- Ms. Rouxche Locke